The National Asset Management Agency has compiled a glossary to help you understand some of the technical language it uses. Each word that is defined in this glossary should appear underlined throughout the website. When you come across an underlined term, simply move your cursor over the word to see a definition.
- Participating Institution
- A Credit Institution that has been designated by the Minister under Section 67 of the Act 2009 as a Participating Institution, including any of its subsidiaries that have not been excluded under that section.
- Perpetual Bond
- A bond with no maturity date.
- Present Value
- A value on a given date of a future payment or series of future payments, discounted to reflect the time value of money and other factors such as investment risk.
- Primary Servicer
- A Participating Institution managing debtors on NAMA’s behalf within authority limits approved by the NAMA Board.
- Profit Participating loan
- A loan that provides the creditor with a return that depends, at least in part, on the profitability of the debtor.